About the Pearce electorate
The Electorate of Pearce is an outer metropolitan seat situated in Perth’s northern suburbs covering 783 sq km.
Following the Federal Distribution in 2021, the following areas are in Division of Pearce:
- City of Wanneroo - Alkimos, Ashby, Banksia Grove, Butler, Carabooda, Carramar, Clarkson, Darch, Eglinton, Gnangara, Hocking, Jandabup, Jindalee, Landsdale, Madeley, Mariginiup, Merriwa, Mindarie, Neerabup, Nowergup, Pearsall, Pinjar, Quinns Rocks, Ridgewood, Sinagra, Tamala Park, Tapping, Two Rocks, Wangara, Wanneroo and Yanchep;
- City of Swan - Ballajura, Cullacabardee, Lexia, and Melaleuca.
The following State Members of Parliament also represent our community:
- Butler – Hon John Quigley MLA
- Burns Beach – Mark Folkard MLA
- Wanneroo – Hon Sabine Winton MLA
- Landsdale – Margaret Quirk MLA
- Swan Hills – Jessica Shaw MLA
- West Swan – Hon Rita Saffioti MLA
- North Metropolitan Region - Hon Dan Caddy MLC
- North Metropolitan Region – Hon Ayor Makur Chuot MLC
- East Metropolitan Region - Hon Lorna Harper MLC
The Seat of Pearce was named in honour of Sir George Foster Pearce, 1870–1952, who served as a Senator for Western Australia (1901–38) and served as Acting Prime Minister for seven months in 1916.